West Noble Chargers
Return to Athletics Plan
As you read through the recommendations please keep in mind that the Indiana Department of Education, Indiana High School Athletic Association, Noble County Health Department or the Governor of Indiana could change our plans as we continue to learn more about COVID-19. This plan is fluid and can change, but two things that will not change are that West Noble is excited to work with your child and we will prioritize their safety as we make decisions on getting back to a new normal in Education Based Athletics in Indiana. Please feel to contact the school if you have questions or concerns about our plan to return. It is imperative that we work as a TEAM for the benefit of everyone involved.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS IF YOUR CHILD DOES NOT FEEL WELL….PLEASE DON’T SEND THEM TO THE WORKOUT OR PRACTICE! HONESTY IS IMPERATIVE AMONG OUR ATHLETES AND COACHES DURING THIS RETURN TO PLAY FORMAT.
- Starting July 6th West Noble will be offering workouts and practices for all West Noble students that will be enrolled in the Fall of 2020. These workouts are VOLUNTARY and until August 3rd. Beginning August 3rd we will start our Fall practices. At this time, practices are mandatory for those wishing to be part of B/G Cross Country, Boy’s Tennis, B/G Soccer, Football, Volleyball or Girl’s Golf teams. Girl’s Golf actually begins their practice on July 31st. Click here for the July Schedule.
- We value your child’s health and the adults that will supervise them and are going to have masks available for athletes that would like to wear one when they are not exercising. Our recommendation is that athletes and coaches wear a mask when they arrive and after their workouts to help limit exposure. (We certainly understand that this does not prevent the spread of COVID-19, but it would help slow any spread.)
- Locker Rooms will not be available from July 6-19th. Athletes should come dressed and prepared to practice/conditioning. Items to bring are a Filled Water Bottle, Towel, Mask (if you have your own), outdoor running shoes and/or indoor shoes if that applies. It would be great if those items would be kept together in a backpack during workouts.
- Athletes that had an IHSAA physical turned in last year must have a completed History Update questionnaire turned in before their first workout or practice. Any athlete suffering a concussion in the past year is required to get a new physical for the 2020-21 school year. Any athlete not cleared from an injury/surgery in the past year must get a new physical also. These forms along with a couple others can be found on the athletic department website at www.westnoble.net.
- We will be following the IHSAA return to play plan that is also available on the website. No athlete is allowed to be on campus more than 15 hours a week until July 19th. Essential personnel only are allowed at practices and workouts. Spectators and parents are not allowed at the practice per IHSAA rule until August 15th.
- The training room will only be used for athletes that are injured or need assistance from the athletic trainer. Our athletic trainer will be wearing a face mask when working with your child. Parkview Sports Medicine provides our Athletic Trainer at West Noble and is recommending that masks be worn when being treated in the training room.
- Equipment will be cleaned prior to use and immediately following usage. Students are expected to shower at home, wash workout clothing and wash hands for a minimum of 20 seconds. We will also have hand sanitizer available at each workout venue.
- Our coaches will encourage social distancing during workouts and we are asking them to break into smaller workout groups of approximately 10-15 for larger teams.
- Each coach and player will be ask to fill out a short questionnaire at each workout. It will take less than 30 seconds but it does help remind the athletes of the symptoms that might be of concern. (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, contact with someone with COVID-19) Also per IHSAA guidelines, athletes will be required to wear shirts while on school grounds.
- If an athlete has been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or they themselves are tested positive, please contact the Athletic Office as soon as possible.
Lastly, we know that some people are very concerned about COVID-19 and others may feel like it is time to return to normal. The great part about being part of a team and community is that we might not always agree with each other, but we certainly want to respect each other’s view. We understand that no matter how many precautions we take, there is an inherent risk in picking up the virus. We are trying to minimize that risk for everyone. We know that some of our student athletes live with elderly or people who have compromised immune systems due to a variety of diseases. We certainly want to help prevent the spread of this disease and other communicable diseases that might jeopardize their health.
Thank you for your time and please don’t hesitate to call or email if you have questions or concerns. Go Chargers!
West Noble High School
260-894-3191 Ext. 3055